Several months ago I came across this video.
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/848 .
The video was highlighted by David Skok on his blog http://www.forentrepreneurs.com/ .
I'm not sure how the book read will go, as I just started, however, the video is worth a few watches!
As I continue to rediscover and re-explore my own drive, I found a truth here. We don't buy products and services based on price and features. Many time it's about brand, and the perceptions in the market around the brand. I have found this to be so in so many of my purchases.
For me, I like to be different. I'm not better than anyone else, not better looking, not smarter. But I do like to differentiate myself a bit - after all there are 7 billion of us running around on the planet now.
The author of "Start with Why", zeroes in on Apple as a great example of the "start with why" principle. This example resonated with me since I know I can purchase a PC with more power and more features than the MacBook I purchased. However, PCs are a commodity, and for me there's nothing cool about a ThinkPad. There is something cool about owning a Mac.
After I read the book, I'll let you know what I think about it, right here. In the meantime, tell me what you think about the video.
What's your take?
http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/848 .
The video was highlighted by David Skok on his blog http://www.forentrepreneurs.com/ .
I'm not sure how the book read will go, as I just started, however, the video is worth a few watches!
As I continue to rediscover and re-explore my own drive, I found a truth here. We don't buy products and services based on price and features. Many time it's about brand, and the perceptions in the market around the brand. I have found this to be so in so many of my purchases.
For me, I like to be different. I'm not better than anyone else, not better looking, not smarter. But I do like to differentiate myself a bit - after all there are 7 billion of us running around on the planet now.
The author of "Start with Why", zeroes in on Apple as a great example of the "start with why" principle. This example resonated with me since I know I can purchase a PC with more power and more features than the MacBook I purchased. However, PCs are a commodity, and for me there's nothing cool about a ThinkPad. There is something cool about owning a Mac.
After I read the book, I'll let you know what I think about it, right here. In the meantime, tell me what you think about the video.
What's your take?

No comments:
Post a Comment