I mentioned in my last post that I had been looking for some message, something to share at the events of Katie's wedding. God spoke. He provided me with some insight and a song, "God Can You Hear Me?" from Tate. See lyrics below. This is a song that I already owned, but I had forgotten its message.
Just like in the movie The Matrix, when Trinity approaches Neo at the beginning of the movie, she asked, You Know the Question, he replies "What is the Matrix?". She goes on to say it's the question that drives us.
It is the question that drives us! The question is, "God can you hear me? "
It is the question that we all have. It is basic, and real, and we wonder. God are you really there? Can you show me You?
This weekend God spoke to me.
He said I am here, I know you have been looking for me. He said I will reveal myself.
He revealed his plan for my family throughout a wonderful wedding weekend. He revealed his plan for David, and Katie. He made his plans for them and for their entire family clear and evident.
Hearing God speaks does have a pre-requisite, we have to lay aside what we think, what we think we know. We have to lay down our will, our pride, and listen.
I think sometimes routine causes us to not listen, and not to seek. Through our comfortable ways of approaching life, we believe we have it figured out and then we become disenchanted with Him, and we stop listening for Him. When our lives are disrupted we have no choice but to listen. Even in serious disruption we still have a choice, we can choose to not listen.
God Spoke.
This weekend, the weekend of my daughter's wedding, God spoke through conversations and acts of selflessness and joy. This weekend was not a disruption, rather a revelation. God spoke through his wisdom of a plan that had been in the works for at least 23 years, perhaps longer. God revealed himself, again, to me and to my friends. God revealed himself and spoke to my entire family!
I am listening!
God Can You Hear Me, by Tait
I've been here before
It's hard to ignore
I'm so used to fighting
The same old wars
Oh what do you see when your looking at me
Have I taken You for granted
I can't afford this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
God can You hear me
I need You here tonight
I'm tired of pretending that everything's alright
And I know, I know that You hold tomorrow
But I need You here tonight
I want to feel
I need something real
I want to go closer to You
I lay down my will
Oh this human disease it's killing me
Tell me have I been left stranded
I can't ignore this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
Say won't You say that
You'll carry me
Carry me through the storm
Stay
Won't You stay
Till the morning comes
Morning comes
Just stay
Just like in the movie The Matrix, when Trinity approaches Neo at the beginning of the movie, she asked, You Know the Question, he replies "What is the Matrix?". She goes on to say it's the question that drives us.
It is the question that drives us! The question is, "God can you hear me? "
It is the question that we all have. It is basic, and real, and we wonder. God are you really there? Can you show me You?
This weekend God spoke to me.
He said I am here, I know you have been looking for me. He said I will reveal myself.
He revealed his plan for my family throughout a wonderful wedding weekend. He revealed his plan for David, and Katie. He made his plans for them and for their entire family clear and evident.
Hearing God speaks does have a pre-requisite, we have to lay aside what we think, what we think we know. We have to lay down our will, our pride, and listen.
I think sometimes routine causes us to not listen, and not to seek. Through our comfortable ways of approaching life, we believe we have it figured out and then we become disenchanted with Him, and we stop listening for Him. When our lives are disrupted we have no choice but to listen. Even in serious disruption we still have a choice, we can choose to not listen.
God Spoke.
This weekend, the weekend of my daughter's wedding, God spoke through conversations and acts of selflessness and joy. This weekend was not a disruption, rather a revelation. God spoke through his wisdom of a plan that had been in the works for at least 23 years, perhaps longer. God revealed himself, again, to me and to my friends. God revealed himself and spoke to my entire family!
I am listening!
God Can You Hear Me, by Tait
I've been here before
It's hard to ignore
I'm so used to fighting
The same old wars
Oh what do you see when your looking at me
Have I taken You for granted
I can't afford this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
God can You hear me
I need You here tonight
I'm tired of pretending that everything's alright
And I know, I know that You hold tomorrow
But I need You here tonight
I want to feel
I need something real
I want to go closer to You
I lay down my will
Oh this human disease it's killing me
Tell me have I been left stranded
I can't ignore this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
Say won't You say that
You'll carry me
Carry me through the storm
Stay
Won't You stay
Till the morning comes
Morning comes
Just stay

No comments:
Post a Comment