Welcome to Through 50!

This is my personal blog, where I shove in all kinds of things that I'm doing post 50. It may not all be new, but since I've never written about it, it just as well be to me.

I hope you find my take on any number of things interesting!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Heart of the Matter

This post is related to my working through re-invention and re-creation.

At 40 we said, "Is this all there is?".  The answer was no, but it felt like it.

At 50, the question is, "Do you want to continue to play the same games, and have the same thoughts, and do the same things, and eat the same food that you did the prior 10 years?".   If the answer is yes, then read no further.

If no, then consider the "Heart of the Matter".  How do I break out and do and think something different?  Live differently?

I suppose the answer is different for all of us, but I was recently inspired by Michael Gerber, of E-Myth.  Here's an excerpt, and a little license with "E-Myth Mastery", and from the chapter, "the Heart of the Matter".

"No life" is to live life as we have always lived it.  Life, or heaven on earth, is to break free of our long-standing patterns.  It takes an enormous amount of energy, passion, determination and will to even see the patterns, let alone break free from them.


Some things are life, and they should remain the same.   However, for the rest, I know the patterns, or "my normal take" on fill in the blank.  So what to do now?

That's up to you, but for me, I'm doing a lot of experimentation.  I remain true to God principles, but I'm even testing those to see if those are from God, or from someone else.

Identify the patterns, then decide how much work you want to do to change that pattern!  Change a pattern, change you.


No comments:

Post a Comment