Welcome to Through 50!

This is my personal blog, where I shove in all kinds of things that I'm doing post 50. It may not all be new, but since I've never written about it, it just as well be to me.

I hope you find my take on any number of things interesting!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

We May Never Pass This Way Again

The song referenced above just popped into my head.  It's a song by Seals and Crofts from the 70s.   It reminds me of just how much I was into music in the 70s.  My brother was also big into the music, and when he wasn't around I would slip into his vinyl album inventory and spin up an album, being careful not to scratch it.

Maybe one of the reasons this popped into my head was the two weddings I attended yesterday.  Particularly, I vividly remember Katie's childhood neighbor Keri when her and Katie would play on our front porch swing.  We have a photo of that moment.  Yesterday I watched Keri's dad Mike give her away.   An awesome moment, and maybe why the song is my head.

My daughter give away moment is now less than a week away.   Maybe that's another reason why this song popped in my head.  This time, I didn't go spin it up on the turntable, but simply pulled it down with iTunes for a $1.29.   Great song for a great time, the 70s, and I'm certainly not passing that way again, those days are long gone.

This week, I'm looking for a new song to mark this moment in time for me, and so this post will be continued 1 week later, after the wedding, and after the song.   Let's see where this goes!

OK, yesterday I gave my daughter away, not away but to David in marriage!   The only reason I didn't fall to pieces before I stepped out in that aisle was that I was so happy and was surrounded by so many that were happy for me.  I just focused on that instead of what was really going on, that my only daughter was getting married.

Now for the song.   The song is "God Can You Hear Me?", by Tait.   I was riding around Thursday, had my iPhone in music shuffle mode, and that song came up.   It was clear to me that this would be the centerpiece of what I wanted to say at the rehearsal dinner party Friday night.   God had spoken again.  He had provided me with the source of what needed to be said Friday.  I needed to, and I say this humbly, speak for God to remind us all that God had answered not just prayers, but had answered this deep yearning, this deep question that we are all given, "God Can You Hear Me?"   The answer was a resounding YES, I hear you!






No comments:

Post a Comment