I was sitting on an airplane. I had just landed in Columbus on a Nashville to Columbus flight.
The pilot came on, and mentioned it, the whole plane cheered!
I had just prior seen a post on twitter from one of my Huntsville friends.
It was true, Osama Bin Laden, OBL was dead!
For a 50 year old, the relevance of OBL being dead is that I clearly remember where I was at at 9:00 am Central on Sept 11, 2001. I was at work, at Nokia in Huntsville. Someone had a TV there, and we watched in horror.
I remember asking some of the leaders there if I could pull everyone together for a prayer. We prayed.
So on closure, almost 10 years later, the mastermind, or one of them, was/is dead.
A pretty significant event for us 50ers.
The pilot came on, and mentioned it, the whole plane cheered!
I had just prior seen a post on twitter from one of my Huntsville friends.
It was true, Osama Bin Laden, OBL was dead!
For a 50 year old, the relevance of OBL being dead is that I clearly remember where I was at at 9:00 am Central on Sept 11, 2001. I was at work, at Nokia in Huntsville. Someone had a TV there, and we watched in horror.
I remember asking some of the leaders there if I could pull everyone together for a prayer. We prayed.
So on closure, almost 10 years later, the mastermind, or one of them, was/is dead.
A pretty significant event for us 50ers.

No comments:
Post a Comment